Final exams are determined by the number of non- exempt absences in advisory and/or class.
- At four non-exempt absences in class you will take the final exam for that class.
- At seven absences in advisory or independent research mean you will have to take finals in ALL classes.
- Four absences in 30 minute advisories constitutes taking all finals in ALL classes.
- Three tardies equal one absence
Exempt absences are handled by the principal and may only be for these reasons:
- School approved curricular/ extra-curricular activities
- Death in the immediate family
- Religious holiday –approved before holiday(limited to two)
- Legal obligations – with verification
- Failure of the bus to run – for students who do not drive to school
- Principal discretion – calamity such as fire, flood, or family emergencies
- Two post-secondary visits per semester for Juniors and Seniors including military visits
- Residential Setting Hospitalization with documentation