Students will keep Chromebooks over the summer and must bring them to school at the start of next year.
If you have a repair that is needed - we will have drop-off date/times for you. (see bottom of this page)
Right now, we will have a drop-off the week of May 11th and one the week of May 18th at your school.
We will have pickup the last week of May for any that are ready - and will post info on the website.
Plan on being without a Chromebook for 3-4 weeks!
You will NOT receive a loaner. It is only for drop-off.
Make sure to take care of your Chromebook during the summer!!
We will have one drop-off date in June, one in July and one at the beginning of August.
Please check back here or on your school's website for their drop-off day and time.
1. Complete this form and tape the top half to the Chromebook (if you can't print - put the information on a blank sheet of paper and tape it to the Chromebook)
2. When it's time to drop it off - you'll be driving by your school - look for your building TIS(tech person). He/she will have a box or tote - you will need to put the Chromebook(with paperwork) in the box. The TIS will not touch your Chromebook.
3. What happens next - is the box of Chromebooks will sit in the building somewhere for 7 days. After that, they will be repaired. You will be contacted (email is preferred) when it's ready to be picked up. Expect 3-4 weeks - depending on how many broken ones we get.
4. If the Chromebook is a simple repair – it will be taken care of – and you will be emailed when the pick-up date is. Plan on 3-4 weeks to get it back. (This is because for the first 7 days – the Chromebooks will sit in the school building and no one will handle them. Then they will be picked up and repaired – which – depending on how many broken ones we have – could take 3-4 weeks.)
5. If the Chromebook requires major repairs – that are not accidental – it will take longer to repair and may require payment for parts by parents. (An accidental drop from waist-high will not cause huge amounts of damage – it might break the screen or chip a corner of the Chromebook.)
Chargers can be purchased off of Amazon. We will not provide chargers.
Chromebooks will stay with the child over the summer.
Stress taking care of them!
There are some activities occurring this summer where students will need their Chromebooks.
And when school starts – all students must bring them back in.
5th graders will take theirs to the middle school - to get a middle school Chromebook - the one they have now must be in working order. And the Chromebook, charger and case must be turned in at the middle school - along with a signed Acceptable Use Policy.
8th graders will take theirs and use them all 4 years at the high school
If you have not heard anything within 4 weeks – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to go to the schedule for Chromebook drop-offs.